Every program graduate will enroll in and successfully graduate from college.
SquashBusters provides our students – the majority of whom will be the first in their family to attend college – with a long-term pathway to a college degree.
Through early and ongoing exposure to college and academic enrichment, students develop college-going ambitions and identities – as well as the skills they need to succeed once they get there.
Once they enroll, SquashBusters provides support and guidance to help them make it to graduation day.
Through tutoring and high school placement support, along with ongoing exposure to college, SquashBusters middle school students broaden their horizons and develop a foundation of skills and habits for college success.
- 90 minutes of homework support, 2 days per week, for 33 weeks of the school year
- Advising for all 8th-graders to help them gain acceptance to great public and private high schools
- College visits for all students to nearby schools like Bates College, Boston College, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, UMass Amherst, and more
In addition to homework support, SquashBusters high school students explore potential careers, prepare for the SAT, and receive intensive support with the college application process.
- 1 hour of homework support, 2 days per week, for 33 weeks of the school year
- 1 hour of college-readiness workshops, 2 days per week, for 33 weeks of the school year
- School-year long SAT prep course and ongoing practice exams
- One-on-one college mentors for every high school senior
- Extensive support with college applications and financial aid for seniors and their families
- Multiple college visits for every student in every grade
- Connection to external programs on college and prep school campuses like Phillips Exeter Academy and Williams College
Even after they graduate, SquashBusters remains in every alum’s corner, providing guidance and support to help them make it to graduation day.
- Regular check-ins from SQB staff to ensure students are on track to graduate
- Assistance from SQB staff with any obstacles such as financial aid or the need to transfer
- Scholarship opportunities through the SquashBusters Scholarship, the Engaged Scholars Award, and the Last Dollar Fund
- Professional development opportunities and networking events through SquashBusters and Squash and Education Alliance (SEA)