Work with us! SquashBusters is looking for talented individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of young people.
We are currently hiring for the following roles:
Manager of Foundation Relations and Communications
Overview: SquashBusters is the first urban squash program in a now 20-city urban squash movement, and the Manager of Foundation Relations and Communications is uniquely positioned to play a key role in supporting the strategic growth of a well-known and established yet still growing nonprofit. This position will report to the Director of Institutional Advancement and be an integral member of the SquashBusters Development team. In a small entrepreneurial environment with a deep emphasis on teamwork, he/she will work with the CEO and Director of Institutional Advancement and be chiefly responsible for all foundation relations and grant writing, marketing and communication to various stakeholders and audiences, and general external relations to enhance the program’s visibility and grow SQB’s base of support.
This position is based at our Boston headquarters but will work to support all three program sites.
Grant Writing & Foundation Relations
- Establish and cultivate relationships with foundation and corporate funders, and preserve existing relationships with the goal of maintaining a steady and consistent source of corporate and foundation support
- Manage and execute the grant proposal process, submitting approximately 20-25 grants per year and resulting in $600,000+ annually through corporate and foundation sources
- Identification of new funding opportunities and outreach to appropriate external contacts to determine fit and ask
- Proposal and report writing and submission
- Ongoing foundation relationship management
- Overall tracking and management of grant proposals and reports as well as relationships with foundation and corporate prospects and funders using Salesforce
Marketing & Communications
- Coordinate and produce donor communication materials and collateral to educate and inform the public and further fund-raising goals. Written products may include: e-newsletters, annual appeal letters, campaign brochures, fact sheets and one-pagers, presentations, postcards, and other development collateral as needed
- Develop, coordinate, and produce SQB’s Annual Report
- Develop, coordinate, and produce event-related communications – save-the dates, invitations, sponsorship materials, press releases, follow-up, etc.
- Oversee SQB’s press strategy – work with local media as applicable to produce articles, videos, etc.
- Identify opportunities for positive press and reach out to media contacts for coverage
- Oversee and update SQB website content
- Oversee SQB’s social media strategy
- Post appropriate and compelling updates, connect with followers, maintain accounts
- Other marketing and communications activities as needed
- Creation and oversight of event websites and fundraising pages
- Monitor event communications and assure clarity and consistency of external messaging across all constituencies
- Special projects as assigned
This position seeks a creative, proactive self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to be a collaborative team member as well as to work independently
- Superior writing skills, with the ability to communicate persuasively across a variety of media with impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines. Strong relationship-building skills, able to collaborate with SquashBusters staff and constituents
- Background and experience using Salesforce for tracking and reporting; WordPress for website maintenance; and MailChimp for mass email communications
- Prior experience in development, grant writing, and communications
- Love for the SquashBusters mission
- Bachelor’s degree required
How to apply
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to Christine Stellar, SquashBusters Director of Institutional Advancement. Please attach resume and cover letter in one document and reference JOB COMMUNICATION in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.