The Post-Secondary Access Coordinator is responsible for leading the 12th grade postsecondary process, including the transition to post-secondary education, and supporting first-year post-secondary students. The Post-Secondary Access Coordinator will lead the 12th grade application process, including post-secondary research, applications, the financial aid and verification process, post-secondary opportunity selection, and pre-matriculation tasks. In addition, the Post-Secondary Access Coordinator plans and leads enrichment sessions to ensure students are prepared to transition from high school to post-secondary institutions, and supports first-year students in accordance with the post-secondary team’s four core services – academic, financial, wellness and career. As a member of the
post-secondary services team, he/she/they will collaborate with leadership and the Boston program staff to ensure an integrated approach to SQB academic, sport and character development programs. Through these programs, the post-secondary services staff will challenge, nurture, and hold accountable SQB youth so that he/she/they recognize and fulfill their potential.
- Plan, supervise and direct post-secondary application and financial aid process through group and individual student sessions.
- Plan, supervise and direct impactful and innovative enrichment activities to prepare students for the transition from high school to post-secondary education.
- Ensure a productive and positive environment at SQB by managing student behavior and consistently instilling SQB values and providing students with individual feedback on their support as needs arise.
- Monitor post-secondary students’ progress in school and in the post-secondary process by communicating regularly with the student, and providing individual support as needs arise.
- Communicate regularly with parents/guardians so that they are aware of their student’s progress, their student’s post-secondary process, feel like part of the SQB community, and can support their child’s growth and development at home.
- Monitor high school students’ progress in school and in the post-secondary process by communicating regularly with school staff to determine the best ways that SQB can support a student’s success.
- Communicate with a student’s academic advisor and financial aid counselor as needed.
- Coordinate and implement field trips, summer and other special programming, and guest speaker opportunities.
- Help students connect to appropriate opportunities such as external summer programs and internships.
- Organize schedules and materials, and collect and enter student data in a Salesforce.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the post-secondary and financial aid application processes
- Knowledge and understanding of the post-secondary landscape, including 4-year and 2-year colleges and universities, trade and vocational programs
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from a variety of backgrounds
- A passion for educational opportunity, and a belief in the potential for athletic participation to both drive academic excellence and expand opportunities for success in school and beyond
- Enthusiasm for working with young people and experience developing trusting relationships with youth and families
- Ability to work with young people who have experienced trauma
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong teamwork, organization, communication, and group facilitation skills
- A willingness to engage in physical activity with a valid driver’s license with clean driving record (preferred) – and willingness to drive a 14 passenger van (training provided)
- Ability to regularly work until 7:00 P.M two days per week during the school year, and to work occasional events during evening or weekend hours (required)
- Spanish language proficiency, and prior recent participation in formal diversity training, a plus
Compensation and Benefits
- Annual salary commensurate with experience
- Retirement plan with employer matching
- 5 paid company holidays and days off plus an additional 20 vacation days (with some restrictions)
- Subsidized health insurance and unsubsidized dental insurance offered
- Free Employee Assistance Program, a cell phone subsidy, and a public transportation subsidy available
To apply, please email your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest to: Corey Schafer, SquashBusters Director of Post-Secondary Services, at email@example.com with the subject line: Post-Secondary Access Coordinator.