The SquashBusters’ Lawrence High School Program Coordinator will be the primary staff member responsible for academic programming for high school students including homework help, enrichment activities, post-secondary visits, SAT prep, and supporting the post-secondary manager with applications and financial aid. As a member of the program team, this person will collaborate with the Post-Secondary Manager and Assistant Program Director and all program staff to ensure an integrated approach to SQB academic, sport and character development programs. Through these programs, the program staff will challenge, nurture, and hold accountable SQB youth so that they recognize and fulfill their potential.
- Support with the post-secondary application and financial aid process through group and individual student sessions.
- Monitor post-secondary students’ progress in school and in the post-secondary process by communicating regularly with the student and providing individual support as needs
- Plan, supervise and direct impactful and innovative enrichment activities to prepare students for the transition from high school to post-secondary
- Ensure a productive and positive environment at SQB by managing student behavior and consistently instilling SQB values and providing students with individual feedback on their
- Communicate regularly with parents/guardians so that they are aware of their student’s progress, their student’s post-secondary process, feel like part of the SQB community, and can support their child’s growth and development at home.
- Help students connect to appropriate opportunities such as external summer programs and
- Explore the Lawrence community to identify potential external partners that would enhance SQB Lawrence
- Collect and update paperwork for students such as parent/guardian contracts, physicals, report cards and program fees and update these details as well as daily attendance and summer opportunities in the Salesforce database.
- Assist with implementation of program evaluation (T-Reports) as it relates to academic, community service and character education programming.
- Maintain and organize relevant documents within SQB’s various repositories (Google, Q-Drive, Teams, Salesforce, etc.)
At the heart of SQB mission is the power of transformative relationships (adapted from the Search Institute). Thus, Academic Team Members should
- Express care by believing in and encouraging youth and being a dependable, warm source of
- Challenge growth maintaining high expectations and holding youth
- Provide support by empowering youth and providing guidance and
- Share power by respecting, including, and collaborating with
- Expand possibilities by connecting youth to opportunities and inspiring and broadening
Responsibilities/Expectations of all SquashBusters’ staff
- Develop and maintain positive, respectful relationships with all members of the SQB
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with all SQB stakeholders as Respond to requests and emails in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with others by working in a positive, constructive manner to further SQB mission and solve Value the contributions of all members of the community.
- Represent and advocate for SQB in the community at large
- Draw on your own initiative and creativity to propose ways to further the SQB mission and drive impact in our
- Demonstrate a growth mindset by being consistently engaged and self-reflective, welcoming feedback to continually improve.
While no one person will embody all the qualities enumerated below, the ideal candidate will possess many of the following professional and personal abilities, attributes, and experiences.
- Bachelors or Associates degree or relevant experience
- Valid driver’s license (required) and willingness to drive a 14-passenger van (training provided)
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and proactive
- High energy and willingness to “roll up sleeves” to execute on day-to-day activities
- Spanish language proficiency
- Prior recent participation in formal diversity training
- Regular night and weekend hours
- Annual salary commensurate with experience
- Retirement plan with employer matching
- 5 paid company holidays and days off plus an additional 20 vacation days (with some restrictions)
- Subsidized health insurance and unsubsidized dental insurance offered
- Free Employee Assistance Program, a cell phone subsidy, and a public transportation subsidy available
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to: Vicky Flamenco, SquashBusters Lawrence Assistant Program Director and Mike Shannon, SquashBusters Lawrence Post-Secondary Manager, to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with the subject line SquashBusters Lawrence High School Coordinator.
SquashBusters is an equal opportunity employer and strives to reflect the diverse community it serves. SquashBusters is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion and looks to all its staff members to foster and promote its values. We believe in an intersectional approach to diversity, equity, and inclusion, where all of the various forms of oppression are addressed, challenged, and dismantled. Our primary focus is on racism because we live in a society that is so resistant to, and uncomfortable with, discussions of racism.