Your support of our program helps to improve the lives of hundreds of young people – by building their confidence, improving their health and expanding their educational opportunity.Make A Gift >
SquashBusters connects students to a variety of different summer options in order to provide opportunities for personal growth and enrichment, increase students squash and academic skills, and help students build their resumes.
SUMMER AT SQUASHBUSTERS
In Boston, SquashBusters runs the Middle School Summer Slam, a 4-week day squad for current SquashBusters middle schoolers and their peers who are interested in joining the SquashBusters program in the fall. SquashBusters high school students are our summer camp counselors.
SquashBusters Lawrence also runs a 4-week summer program for students in middle and high school, combining academics, field trips, and squash training. Selected high schoolers are chosen as camp counselors.
JOBS & INTERNSHIPS
In addition to hiring our own high school students as summer camp counselors, SquashBusters connects students to a variety of summer jobs. With our help, SquashBusters students have worked at places such as Blue Ginger, Boston Bar Association, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Massachusetts General Hospital, Museum of Fine Arts, and New England Aquarium.
SquashBusters partners with the following summer camps to give students the chance to travel, experience the great outdoors or work on their squash skills:
- Babson College Sports Camp
- Camp Woodstock (YMCA)
- Camp Harbor View
- Camp Dudley
- MIT Squash Camp with Thierry Lincou
- Harvard University Squash Camp
- NUSEA Deerfield Academy Summer Squad
- NUSEA Stanford University Summer Squad
- TOG Squash Camp
- West End House Camps
- Williams College Squash and BeyondCamp
- University Club Striker Squash Camp
SUMMER ENRICHMENT PROGRAMS
SquashBusters helps students learn about and apply to a variety of summer enrichment programs. In summer 2016, SquashBusters students were involved in the following summer programs, among others:
- Mentoring and life-changing travel to places like Minnesota and Maine with Summer Search
- Entrepreneurship and culinary training at Moses Brown School through Chez Innovation
- College-level English and mathematics courses with Noonan Scholars Summer Academy
- SAT prep and college counseling with Let’s Get Ready
- Technology skill-building and an introduction to teaching at South End Technology Centers Learn 2 Teach, Teach 2 Learn
- Hands-on experience writing for a real newspaper through WriteBostons Teens In Print Summer Journalism Institute