Your support of our program helps to improve the lives of hundreds of young people – by building their confidence, improving their health and expanding their educational opportunity.Make A Gift >
SquashBusters connects students to a variety of different summer options in order to provide opportunities for personal growth and enrichment, increase students squash and academic skills, and help students build their resumes.
SUMMER AT SQUASHBUSTERS
In Boston, SquashBusters runs the Middle School Summer Slam, a 4-week day squad for current SquashBusters middle schoolers and their peers who are interested in joining the SquashBusters program in the fall. SquashBusters high school students are our summer camp counselors.
SquashBusters Lawrence also runs a 4-week summer program for students in middle and high school, combining academics, field trips, and squash training. Selected high schoolers are chosen as camp counselors.
JOBS & INTERNSHIPS
In addition to hiring our own high school students as summer camp counselors, SquashBusters connects students to a variety of summer jobs. With our help, SquashBusters students have worked at places such as Boston Bar Association, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Museum of Fine Arts, and New England Aquarium.
SquashBusters partners with the following summer camps to give students the chance to travel, experience the great outdoors or work on their squash skills:
- Camp Woodstock (YMCA)
- Camp Harbor View
- Camp Dudley
- MIT Squash Camp with Thierry Lincou
- Harvard University Squash Camp
- NUSEA Deerfield Academy Summer Squad
- NUSEA Dartmouth College Summer Squad
- NUSEA Stanford University Summer Squad
- TOG Squash Camp
- West End House Camps
- Williams College Squash and Beyond Camp
- University Club Striker Squash Camp
SUMMER ENRICHMENT PROGRAMS
SquashBusters helps students learn about and apply to a variety of summer enrichment programs. In summer 2017, SquashBusters students were involved in the following summer programs, among others:
- Internships and travel to Kenya and Tanzania through Grand Circle Foundation’s Next Generation Leaders
- Academic programs at prestigious schools like Hotchkiss School and Phillips Exeter Academy through NUSEA
- NUSEA’s Citizenship Tour, a trip to New York, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C. to meet leaders like Senators Kirsten Gillibrand and Cory Booker
- Mentoring and life-changing travel to places like Costa Rica and the Florida Keys with Summer Search
- College-level English and mathematics courses with Noonan Scholars
- Technology skill-building and an introduction to teaching at South End Technology Centers Learn 2 Teach, Teach 2 Learn
- Hands-on experience writing for a real newspaper through WriteBoston’s Teens In Print Summer Journalism Institute